Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A-Power Systems FAQ
- Why buy a A-Power custom PC instead of global OEM branded PC (HP, Acer etc.)?
A-Power's custom built computer systems has several advantages over the Tier 1 OEM PC's:
- Ultimate flexibility in hardware configuration:
control every technical detail for your computer; from motherboard to power supply, even cable colors!
- Local support with real technicians:
talk to certified technicians, not someone who ask questions just to transfer you somewhere.
- Guaranteed uptime with Express Warranty:
many A-Power PC has this warranty which guarantees to have your system back to work within 72 hours.
- Your pick the computer's look (housing):
you are not stuck with the same old black tower case.
- Expert tailored Gaming Systems:
we built gaming PC's for game design companies, and you bet we can build a awesome gaming PC for you!
- IT deployment services:
we deploy custom software image and timed delivery, among other business friendly IT services.
Also, A-Power is an Authorized Reseller for HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo and a few other selected tier 1 OEM brands. These global brands rely on A-Power to advise you on the best computer that suits your needs. Talk to us about your the best option for your situation!
- What do the Parts and Labour Warranty cover?
All computer systems are covered with a 14-day return, exchange and direct replacement policy, and have a minimum One-Year Standard Parts and Labour Warranty
The Parts Warranty covers the warranty replacement of all the hardware assembled in the system. The Labour Warranty covers the fees for system testing, inspection, and hardware diagnostic. Software-related problems are not covered by the warranty.
Note: The Warranties do not cover any software issues that may cause system instability or incompatibilities. If found by our technicians that the system is having problems due to a software issue, a minimum of $50 labour service charge will be incurred to the customer.
- How do I determine what kind of system I need?
If you are deciding between several systems or perhaps deciding between a global OEM machine to a custom machine, please contact our sales department for no-obligation advice. Our retail business hours and contact information are listed here.
- Why would I be interested in Express Warranty?
A-Power offers extended warranties beyond the standard support for your product purchase. We provide options to tailor your protection, for an overall peace-of-mind and minimizing downtime for your business.
A standard warranty will fix your broken computer, however defective components must be shipped to the manufacturer for replacement and may take up to 4 to 10 weeks. With Express Warranty, you will be up and running again within 72 hours because direct component replacement is issued from our Service Department.
- How safe is it to shop at A-Power Online?
Protecting your privacy is important to us. We do not sell or exchange names or any other personal information about our customers or guests. Please read our Privacy Statement for more information.
- Can I cancel or modify my order?
If your order has not been processed, we can cancel or modify your order. Please contact our customer representatives at 1-604-273-5667 or 1-877-278-5667 for more information.
- Will A-Power special-order item(s) not listed on the website?
If the product you are looking for is not listed on our website, we can special-order it for you. Please contact us at 1-604-273-5667 or 1-877-278-5667 to speak with a sales representative.
- How do I track my order?
If your order has been shipped, a tracking number will be provided to you by email. Alternately, you can find the tracking number by looking up your Order. If your order has not been shipped and you would like to know the shipping date, please contact our sales department at 1-604-273-5667 or 1-877-278-5667 for more information.
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept Canadian Visa/Mastercard and online bank payment. For detailed instructions on making an online bank payment, click here. Sorry, we do not accept international credit cards.
- Does A-Power provide any financing or leasing options?
We do not provide leasing or financing options directly to our customers, however we process through a third-party leasing broker as a business partner. They will make the necessary research on your behalf to obtain the best rates the market can offer.
Note: Leasing or financing options are only available to business clients.
- Does A-Power have terms and credit accounts?
As a business client or reseller, you and your company are eligible to apply for a corporate account, with business cheques as payments to net 15/30 terms. Please consult with our sales manager for more details.
- I selected online bank payment as my payment method, what do I do next?
For detailed instructions on Online Bank Payment, please click here.
- What is your return policy?
For details about our 14 day return policy, please click here.
- How do I process an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization)?
All returns by common carrier requires RMA. Please request an RMA by following instruction on the RMA section of the Return Policy page.
- How long will it take for a RMA replacement to arrive from the manufacturer?
Depends on the manufacturer's service location, it would take 2 to 5 weeks. If your equipment is covered under the DOA period (first 14 days), it will be replaced with inventory products.
- How can I check my RMA Status?
To get the latest update on your RMA status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I download the RMA Request Form?
You can download it here. Once you have completed it and faxed it to us, we can provide you with an RMA Number. Please fax the completed form to 1-888-879-5053
- When will my order be shipped?
We ship all in-stock items within 1-3 business days. If your order contains item(s) that are not available from immediate shipment, the order will wait until all the components are ready for shipping and handling. Charges will be assessed when the entire order is shipped from our depot.
- How long does it takes for my order to arrive?
Depends on the destination and shipping option chosen, but here is the estimated breakdown of shipping time:
- Canada Post Regular: 2-9 Business days
- Canada Post Expedited: 3-7 Business days
- Canada Post Xpresspost: 1-3 Business days
- Canada Post Priority Courier: 1-2 Business days
- UPS Canada Standard: 3-7 Business days
- UPS Canada Expedited: 2-5 Business days
- UPS Canada Express: 1-3 Business days
- In-store pick up: Ready for pick-up once we finish processing your order, we will notify you by e-mail once it is ready.
* Customer will be contacted if there is an extensive delay for a product.
**Shipping time does not include processing and preparation time for your package, and is accurate for urban addresses only. Rural area delivery may be longer.
- How much is the shipping?
To get an accurate shipping cost, add all the products to the shopping cart and proceed to checkout. You will not be charged until you have selected "Submit Order" in the payment details page. For more details, click here.
- Do you ship internationally?
Sorry, currently we only ship to Canadian addresses.
- If I did not recieve my order, what do I do?
If you still have not received your order within ten (10) business days after your item is shipped, please contact the courier service office with the tracking number provided. If they do not have the information, you can contact us and we will open an inquiry request on your package with the delivery courier.
- How are my items being shipped?
Your items will be shipped safely by either UPS or Canada Post.
- Can I choose my own courier?
We will arrange the courier for shipping, with the exception of business account clients who may use their own courier services to arrange for pickup at our Shipping / Receiving office.
- At checkout, it says the item cannot be shipped to my address!
There is a weight limit of 100lbs for shipping. Please separate your order if it's overweight or contact us for an alternate shipping method. If your order is within the weight limit, please try again or contact us at 1-604-273-5667 or 1-877-278-5667 to complete your order. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- My product doesn't work or is damaged when it arrived!
For visible physical damage on the courier package, please refuse the shipment immediately. If you have signed for a delivery that is physically damaged, please take photos of the damages before and after you open the box! Then, you must file a claim with the courier company (we can help). For defective component or system, please read our Return policy to proceed with a RMA claim, we will cover return shipping.
- Why does A-Power need to verify my address?
Due to frequent fraudulent activity, we must verify all addresses with card issuers for our mutual protection.
- If I take the UPC code out of the box, do I still get a full refund?
You will not receive a refund for an item that is missing the UPC code. If the item is defective, you will receive a replacement with the same box in which it was returned to us.
- Do you ship to P.O. Boxes?
Shipping to P.O. Boxes is only available through Canada Post for some areas. If you wish to ship to a P.O. Box, make sure you choose a Canada Post shipping option.
- I selected the Local Pickup option, when can I come pick it up?
Our customer representatives will contact you when your order is ready to pickup. If the purchase is made by a credit card, the cardholder must be present for the pickup, with a piece of valid picture I.D. and the original credit card used for the purchase. We cannot accept third-party pickup.
- Can I get someone else to pickup my order for me?
For security reasons, we cannot accept third-party pickup
Technical Support FAQ
- Do you repair computers?
Yes! We have a dedicated service department to assist with your technical inquiries. Please contact our Service Department at 1-604-273-8792 or visit the Service Desk at our retail stores. Our service department is staffed by A+ certified technicians, and is an Lenovo Authorized Warranty Provider.
- My Computer was purchased elsewhere, can I bring it in for repair, virus-removal, or hardware installation?
Yes! We provide repair or hardware installation services for computers, notebooks, servers, and computer peripherals. Please contact our Service Department at 1-604-273-8792 or visit the Service Desk at our retail stores.
FAQ & Information